Just going around the frame cleaning up some details. I added some framing to raise the rear deck slightly.
I didn't think through some of this stuff beforehand so I had to do a little improvising. Here's how I handled the front of the cockpit rim and the end of the deck stringer.
And here's how things lined up in the rear.
I added extra mounting support for the foot braces.
A front-on view of the completed frame.
From slighty higher angle.
A swimmer's view.
It's ready for varnishing or oiling, I'm reading up on what to use and the consensus seems to be either Danish or tongue oil.
Cockpit coaming, first coat of varnish drying.
I coated the frame with tongue oil. It darkened the wood only sligtly – hard to see where you've put it while applying. Foot rests installed.
Next up - skinning with ballistic nylon.