I used a little over 1/2 of this amber dye to get the light yellow color I was looking for.
Here are additional dying supplies: rubber gloves, mixing container, vinegar, and an old iron (well, it's an old iron now!).
The color was applied with a folded cotton material. Then while still wet, the skin was ironed to tighten it up. A second coating of dye smoothed the color a bit.
Here's the final color - my wife's comment: "Looks nice, doesn't look like a big bandage anymore."
The dyed skin drying in the breeze.
The materials required for the urethane application: plastic spreading card, urethane parts A & B, measuring cups, mixing cups, rubber gloves, stirring stick, disposable paint brush, and a marker I used to darken the measuring lines.
The boat - dyed, dried and ready.
It's not easy to stop and take photos during this process but here are a couple, one after 2 coats...
...and one after 3.
The deck was done the next day. Here it is after about 1-and-a-half coats.
And here it is after the final (third) coat.
A shot of the finished front deck.
Out drying in the sun.